There are many different avenues you can take to market your business, including blogging. Yes, blogging is a form of marketing. At least it should be considered that.
With all of the talk about blogging, you might be asking yourself if it is really beneficial? And if you don’t have the staff to create content for your blog on a regular basis, will you get a good return on your investment if you hire someone to do so? We believe that the answer to both of these questions is a resounding yes.
While you may not necessarily see the benefit of having a blog right off the bat, through consistent posting and the use of SEO techniques, you will see soon see the clear advantages.
Here are a few ways that having a blog positively impacts your business:
- Increases search engine traffic — Having a blog and posting original content to it on a regular basis can help your business generate organic traffic. Through the use of search engine optimization, you can also increase your business’ rank and visibility on search engines, establishing your company as an authority in your industry. Having this authority will only benefit your business as people searching for your services and products will begin to come to you rather than your competition. However, make sure to research keywords before trying to use them in your blogs.
- Improves conversion rates — Nothing’s better than making money, and having a blog can help with that. Blog posts can help bring people to your website, which familiarizes them with your products. Additionally, having regular blog updates with high-quality content helps you build your brand by providing your company with a voice. This kind of branding may not increase your conversion rates right away, but it will over time.
- Shows the personal side of your business — Blogs are a good way to let people in on the personal aspects of your business. They allow you to speak about issues that concern your business or customers. You can also use your blog to introduce your readers to your team and what they’re passionate about. These types of interactions will help build trust between your customers and your brand.
- Helps create inbound links — Generating inbound links (“backlinks“) is an important marketing tool for your business. As media and other bloggers share or reference your posts by using links, they are connecting their readers with your business. These links not only push traffic your way but also help with the SEO of your website.
- Supplements your social media initiatives — Marketing through social media is important, but social media is more effective when you have content to share. Having a blog gives you access to a stream of original content that you can repurpose and share on social media.
- Keeps your website looking fresh — Search engines are always looking for new content. It’s one of the ways they determine the ranking of websites. If you are posting new blogs frequently, you will be rewarded with better visibility on search engines.
Blogging is essential for businesses because it’s a chance for you to show the difference between you and your competitors. Through creating branded content that is unique to your business, you are giving prospective customers a taste of what your company stands for, as well as a look into your products and services. This kind of relationship doesn’t just bring value to you through traffic and sales, but it also brings value to your customers’ lives.