1) On-Page Optimization
The first process of structuring the content and variable on your website (on-page optimization) in a way that it is easier for search engines to read. This consists of, but is not limited to, variables like the following:
- Text and verbiage within your website (copywriting)
- Title Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Meta Keywords (mostly outdated nowadays in the world of SEO)
- Image alt tags
- Page load speeds
Once you have a solid foundation of on-page optimization you then build off-page optimization.
2) Off-Page Optimization
This is how other sites reference your website, link to you, talk about your brand, etc. This off-page optimization builds up the “popularity” of your website within search engines. Off-page optimization consists of, but is not limited to, these variables:
- Backlinks (links from other websites to yours)
- Press releases (creating brand awareness)
- Articles (sharing your authoritative knowledge of your industry)
This just a small example of the dozens of variables that go into SEO. If you would like to know more about how we can help optimize your website, visit our SEO page.