When business owners have invested a lot in building their websites, they naturally expect that it will generate many leads. While that potential exists, it must be properly executed for results to follow.
Here are some reasons that websites fail to attract customers:
- No conversion path in place – Visitors will not take action if there is no funnel guiding them to become customers. You don’t just string together a number of pages and expect people to buy. You must design your website to include a clear conversion path.
- Undefined target audience – Your website must have a specific target in mind. You have heard the term “know your audience.” It applies online just as it does in public speaking. You must know the needs and speak the language of the people you want to patronize your products.
- No sign of life – Customers want to see a creative website design with frequent updates. Nobody will stay on your page if it feels lifeless.
- It’s all about you – Do not build a website that will endlessly extoll the merits of the brand you are marketing. Customers need to know how your product or service will benefit them. It’s not about you; it’s about the customer.
- You blend in – If what your website offers is the same as hundreds of others, you will not be able to distinguish yourself. Customers are looking for something that rises above the competition. Clearly showcase your value propositions.