Staying relevant is a challenge when your audience keeps on changing. You will need to adjust your web design to cater to the vicissitudes of human expectations and standards. Even amidst the change, though, some things stay constant, including timeless web designs.
If your web design features user-centric content and an engaging user interface, it can be relevant at all times. Here are a few qualities of enduring web design:
- Innovative – Every web designer must strive to innovate. Starting with the basics may get you started, but there will come a point when you need to grow your own wings. If you are innovative, there is virtually no limit to what you can do. You can always take something ordinary and spin it to make it more interesting.
- Useful – When designing something, whether it is a product or service, you must consider how it is to be used. A website must have a purpose. When functionality is missing, the design is useless.
- Understandable – Design should be self-explanatory. Unlike other products that come with users’ manuals, a website’s design should need no introduction. Rather, it should be intuitive with evident structure and functionality.
- Unobtrusive – A timeless design will not be a stumbling block for users. It should support functionality, not impede it. A timeless design is focused on the user and is both neutral and restrained.
- Aesthetically pleasing – To state the obvious, web designs must be appealing.
- Honest – A good design will promise only what it can accomplish. It should not tout things it cannot deliver just to get conversions.