Eek. Christmas is nearly here, already? Here are some tips from our team of Utah web designers to help you get your website ready for the holidays:
- Get festive – The first, obvious, tactic would be to show your holiday spirit. You may not want to cover your site with the traditional snowflakes, Santa Claus and candy canes, but some festive touches or a change to your color scheme to reflect the holiday season can make a big difference.
- Freshen up – As more people turn to online shopping for their gifts and holiday essentials, the competition becomes more intense by the day. You can’t expect to increase online traffic if you aren’t consistently updating your content to attract customers. Blog posts should be prepared in advance and published at regular intervals on the days leading up to Christmas. Ask your SEO company to focus their search engine optimization efforts on the items that are most commonly searched during the holiday season.
- Include holiday deals – Your website will stand out and entice more Christmas shoppers if you get the word out about your holiday promotions. Try rotating deals in the days leading up to Christmas. This will keep visitors coming back for more great discounts.
- Throw in gift-wrapping – If your business does not regularly offer a gift-wrapping option, add this freebie for holiday shoppers. Everybody likes getting a little extra for their money.
- Build trust – The number one concern of online shoppers is security. Make sure your site is secure with an SSL (and your merchant account requires it, too).
Don’t miss out on the fruits of the season. Update your website to get in on the holiday’s online shopping bonanza.